You are going to watch Kevin Allocca, the trends manager at YouTube, talk about how and why online videos go viral.
Watch the talk and mark T (True) or F (False) for each of the statements below:
1. Over 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
2. Bear Vasquez's video was shot in Yosemite National Park.
3. Bear Vasquez's video was viewed 33 million times.
4. Bear Vasquez was trying to become a star.
5. Rebecca Black's video "Friday" was seen nearly 200 million times.
6. Rebecca Black's video did not become popular because of bloggers.
7. There are 5000 parodies of Rebecca Black's video.
8. The video "Nyan Cat" has been viewed nearly 40 million times.
9. Casey Niestat's video was seen five million times.
10. The singer Justin Bieber first became famous on YouTube.
Discuss any of the following questions:
1. How much time do you spend watching videos on Youtube? Which types of videos do you watch? Which videos do you avoid? Why?
2. What do you think of the popularity of the videos presented in the talk?
3. Can you think of any other videos which have gone viral in your country? How do you think they became popular?
4. How easy do you think it is to become a Youtube star?
© 2019 Online Teacher - www.onlineteacher.services. All rights reserved.
Former Cambridge Examiner / Classroom Language teacher, from Brisbane, with 12 years' experience in the industry.